Friday, November 2, 2012

THEY LIVE Halloween

it's that time of the year again...my favorite holiday. halloween!  it's perfect, horror & candy.

found this article/tutorial in MAKE magazine online:
 They Live Alien Masks by Kiersten Essenpreis

wowzers!  amazing!  so andrew & i set off to make our own... and a side note, kiersten made a kickass Evil Dead 2 group costume this year. check it out here.  i once was annie from evil dead 2 and a friend was ash, but alas, no one knew who we were.  the best guess was "car accident victims?"...and my costume was SPOT ON...oh well.

ok, so if you haven't seen They Live, what are you waiting for?  
it's a 1988 gem by john carpenter.
amy joined us as roddy piper to help complete the costume. "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum."
mask making steps 1-4.  my clay tools came in handy.
mask masking steps 5-8

the final product.  i wore my mink stole - it finally gets some use! "You see, I take these glasses off, she looks like a regular person, doesn't she.  Put 'em back on...formaldehyde-face!"

andrew the alien: OBEY

"i've got one that can see!"


once again, the article for making the masks is here